The rules for The Blackbeard Treasure Hunt are as follows. Any deviation from these rules will result in your disqualification from the treasure hunt.
- The Blackbeard Treasure Map, as well as the clues and riddles leading to the hidden treasures, are the sole registered trademarked property of The Blackbeard Treasure LLC. Any duplication, replication, or distribution of these materials is strictly prohibited by law. Any of the above actions will result in your disqualification from the treasure hunt and you may be subject to a $250,000 fine and/or imprisonment.
- Treasure hunters are prohibited from making copies of the treasure map, clues, or riddles and distributing these contents. Each map has a serial number. That number belongs to the person who purchased the map at www.theblackbeardtreasure.com.
- Treasure hunters are prohibited from sharing where they believe the hidden treasures are located unless that information is being shared with your team. That information may not be shared on social media, the internet, or any other public domain. If you do so, you will be disqualified from the treasure hunt.
- It is prohibited to purchase The Blackbeard Treasure Map, clues, and riddles and resell them to the public. If you do so, you will be disqualified from the treasure hunt and may be subject to a $250,000 fine and/or imprisonment.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to participate in The Blackbeard Treasure Hunt. If you are younger, you must be participating with a parent or legal guardian who is over the age of 16.
How It Works
- The Blackbeard Treasure Map will not be physically mailed to you. After you purchase a map, you will be able to download it digitally.
- Along with the map, you will also be given clues, and riddles, all of which lead to the treasures.
- If nobody finds the treasures by a certain date, more clues will be emailed and texted to you. A new clue will be revealed every two weeks until the treasures are found.
- Each treasure chest contains $1 Million, a location beacon, and a hidden camera pointed where the treasure is located. Once a treasure is found, we will know immediately.
- Once you find the treasure, you will remove the key taped to the side of the treasure chest and open it. Inside, you will find your winning loot and a phone number. You are to call that number immediately upon finding the treasure. When our staff member answers the phone, you will be asked for your full name, the code located directly under the phone number you just called, and the code located on The Blackbeard Treasure Map. Once that is complete, our staff member will confirm you are an official winner of The Blackbeard Treasure Hunt.
- When hunting for The Blackbeard Treasures, you will need to bring your map, the riddles, and the clues you were given. You will also need a shovel, a flashlight, a compass, and your phone to call us when you find the hidden treasure.
- Only two people know where the treasures are hidden: the founder of the company and an official from our accounting firm. This is to ensure the treasure hunt is conducted in an honest and ethical manner.
- You can purchase a map at any point of the treasure hunt, as long as there are maps remaining and the treasure has not been found. However, we strongly suggest purchasing your map well ahead of the official download date to give you the best chance of finding the treasure. You don't want to give your fellow competitors a head start.
- You will be able to see which treasures have been found and which are still hidden by going to the Blackbeard Treasure page. There, the treasure chests located on the map will indicate which treasures have been found and which are still waiting to be discovered.